Five major procedures to eliminate the toxins from the nearest orifice are popularly called Panchakarma. There are other important procedures also which are classified under this heading.
Vasishta Kerala Panchakarma is done in three steps.
Panchakarma, the comprehensive ayurvedic therapy for ultimate mind-body cleansing, involves five types of ayurvedic therapeutic measures to detoxify the body and successfully eliminate disease causing toxic elements Panchakarma therapy is often undertaken for the purification of the body, as Ayurveda highly recommends body purification and detoxification before starting a therapy or a treatment. Apart from ayurvedic detoxification, panchakarma is also recommended to strengthen the immune system of the body, in order to restore the overall balance and well-being. According to Ayurveda, good health is one of essentialities to boost the metabolic activities of our body. Lacks the strength and stamina to complete the digestion process makes our body vulnerable to the accumulation of toxins, as they easily get ultimately deposed in our bodily tissues, thus creating an imbalance that would ultimately lead to diseases. Panchakarma can help prevent this with traditional ayurvedic cleansing processes that completely flush out the toxins, and successfully restore the innate health and healing ability.
Vasishta’s Panchakarma Therapy involves a five-fold cure, depending on the ayurvedic constitutional type, imbalances of doshas, age, digestive strength, the level of immunity, individual needs, and many other factors. Specially trained panchakarma therapists administer the five-fold therapy procedures in definite sequence, for a particular time period, to evacuate the vitiated doshas from the body.
Panchakarma treatment therapies include special ayurvedic diets for body cleansing, several consecutive days of deep relaxation and rejuvenation therapies, traditional ayurvedic cleansing treatments like hot oil massages, steam baths, and mild herbal enemas.
1. Abhyanga – This is a massage using warm herbal oil, often done by experienced panchakarma and message therapists. The herbal oil used in abhyanga is selected based on our body constitution. Abhyanga can help dilute the excess amount of doshas in our body, and eliminate them in a very healthy way.
2. Shirodhara -During Shirodhara, the masseur slowly pours a stream of luke warm oil over the forehead, followed by a complete relaxing head massage
3. Nasya or Nasal therapy in Ayurveda
4. Swedana or ayruvedic and herbal sweat therapy can help open the pores and get rid of the impurities in our body, through the sweat glands.
5. Udvartanam- Ayurvedic massage using herbal powders
6. Pizhichil – Relaxing oil bath massage.
7. Kati Basti – Ayurvedic treatment for lower back
8. Uro Basti - Ayurvedic “warming procedure for the chest area and the heart”
1. Removes the root cause vulnerability to diseases
2. Balances Vata, Pitta and Kapha.
3. Boosts your immune system
4. Balances body’s systems
5. Remove disease causing toxins
6. Increases physical and mental efficiency
7. Improves skin complexion
8. Helping in shedding extra weight
9. Help alleviate insomnia, anxiety and mental problem.
10. Increases vigour and stamina
11. Increases the flexibility of joints